Customer Service Specialist
JOB TITLE: Customer Service Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Taking Control
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Taking Control
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Answer incoming department calls and direct them to the appropriate staff. Assist program staff with documentation management and processing. Perform general office duties.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and direct all outside Taking Control calls to appropriate staff.
- Return all Consumers’ and Personal Assistants’ phone calls, regarding the same issues above, within 24-hours of initial contact.
- Respond to inquiries based on knowledge of the program.
- Assist program staff with documentation management and processing.
- Address and mail the following as needed: utilization letters, reauthorization letters and availability lists.
- Assist Personal Assistant (PA) Specialists with scheduling PAs for orientation upon Consumer request.
- Assist as backup with running the daily PA Missed Punch Report, including contacting the consumers to verify missing shifts and the entering missed clock-in/out into the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system after the verification of hours with Consumer.
- Assist the Payroll Liaison with time sheets for prior pay periods.
- Assist with accurately entering/updating demographics for both Consumers and PAs, including any temporary changes, into the relevant databases while ensuring that the data housed in all databases is consistent.
- Assist in handling complaints made to the Customer Service Team by Consumers or PAs related to Taking Control program.
- Assist in fulfilling requests from Consumers for PPE supplies.
- Accurately document Consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Accurately document PA interactions into the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalency
Associate Degree in a business-related field
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
High school diploma or equivalent requires two (2) years of work experience in general office work.
Associate degree requires one (1) year of work experience in general office work.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to type thirty-five (35) words per minute and answer the telephone.
- Must have basic level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week. M – F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional or support staff. Range: $33,000-$35,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance. Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available. PTO and paid holiday package. 403(b) retirement with Agency match. Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols. Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities. Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: July 28, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214