JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Accountant
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: CDPAS Accountant
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Assisting with accounts receivables and entries relating to billing, resolutions to Medicaid eligibility and authorizations. Manage the accountants receivable aging. Monitor deposit activity within multiple sets of books. Reconcile general ledger account and related payroll account.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist CDPAS Accountant with accounts receivable and entries related to billing in Quick Books.
- Resolve Medicaid eligibility and authorization issues through Epaces to facilitate outstanding billing to CDPAS billing team.
- Manage the accounts receivable aging monthly and determine collection process.
- Monitor deposit activity for discrepancies among receivables.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and related payroll account monthly.
- Help to make sure authorizations and units are being updated in a timely manner to ensure that the corrections can be made by the billing team.
- Help staff with questions on billing problems.
- Make corrections and follow-up on rejected billings from the Managed Care Organization (MCO) and Medicaid.
- Complete MCO administrative reviews when necessary to overturn rejected billings from the funding source.
- Assist payroll with editing and entering data.
- Assist with yearly audits including end of year schedules and entries.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Experience with Quick Books or other Accounting software is required.
- Experience with insurance companies and medical billing is preferred.
- Account receivable experience is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, support staff.
Range: $38,000 - $40,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: November 29, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214