External Job Posting
TITLE: License Peer Supervisor
DESCRIPTION: Coordinates all satellite programs of the MHPC. Oversees the provision of HCBS services. Represents the MHPC population being served in Community Inclusion and maximizing full community participation. Adheres to and presents the IL Philosophy in the community, with sub-contractors, and staff of the agency. Promote Intentional Peer Support in all aspects of delivery of services.
- Maintains day-to-day operations of the various MHPC satellite programs.
- Hire appropriate staff to meet the needs of specific program descriptions.
- Adhere to contract requirements as dictated by funding source.
- Supervise, monitor, and evaluate staff who are providing HCBS services and at off-site locations.
- Implement Independent Living (IL) philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Orient and train staff on needed skills to improve performance outcomes with HCBS services and Peer Performance Evidence Based tools used to increase maximum quality of life to those MHPC serves.
- Provide solid leadership and mentoringfor staff.
- Stay up to date on the most effective best practices and formulate recommendations on improvement at WNYIL for serving people with behavioral health issues in their recovery.
- Manage integrity, daily activities and relations with sub-contracted agencies promoting collaboration, cooperation and understanding of Intentional Peer Support and growth.
- Actively contribute to the Agency's Management Team processes and planning for the cohesiveness of the delivery of services within the agency and in the community.
- Routinely report observed community trends, barriers, and new issues which people with behavioral health issues face in our local community.
- Respond effectively to participants’ complaints or grievances toward MHPC staff.
- Work collectively with MHPC Team Leaders and Coordinators to assure quality performance standards in the delivery of services.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Mental Health Peer Connection.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualified applicant must be a Qualified Health Professionals in one of the following areas: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Psychologist. Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle. Within 6 months of being hired, must be certified as a NYS Certified Peer Specialist/Provisional. In addition to one of the above qualifications must have 2 years’ experience in addressing issues of behavioral health, must have 2 years’ supervisory experience and must have 2 years’ experience as a Community Leader. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply. Individuals with personal experience with behavioral health are encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
CLOSING DATE: July 11, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214