EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Independent Living Specialist – ILNC
DESCRIPTION: Coordinate independent living skills, evaluations, and training for persons with disabilities. Assist in the personal adjustment of an individual's disability and maximize community participation.
- Coordinate and conduct independent living evaluations for people with disabilities.
- Inform individuals about various programs that are available to them and assist them in securing and/or maintaining benefits such as vocational rehabilitation, social services, Medicare, etc.
- Coordinate and/or perform independent living skills counseling and training.
- Provide counseling to persons with disabilities and family members for the purpose of identifying life goals, objectives and values utilizing personal and/or professional background.
- Intervene, at the request of the consumer, in crisis situations between consumer and service programs.
- Coordinate and conduct home and building architectural barrier consultation utilizing federal and state guidelines on disabilities.
- Identify to consumer housing options to enable the consumer to compare a variety of living arrangements and provide other necessary assistance to aid individuals in securing suitable living arrangements.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the supervision of the Director of Independent Living of Niagara County.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's Degree, or an Associate's Degree related to human resources/services with work experience related to same. Professional and life experience may be
considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Knowledge of persons with disabilities and federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities. Niagara County residents
encouraged to apply.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
SALARY RANGE: $29,000 - $34,000
CLOSING DATE: April 10, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, Director of CHRO/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214