TITLE: Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Outreach Specialist
DESCRIPTION: Conduct outreach to people diagnosed with serious mental illnesses and community agencies that may serve people diagnosed with mental illnesses about the benefits of utilizing Home and Community Based Services.
- Seek out individuals with mental illnesses in the community and encourage, educate and inform them about the benefits of HCBS services.
- Seek out community agencies that may serve people diagnosed with mental illnesses and encourage, educate and inform them about the benefits of their consumers utilizing HCBS services.
- Conduct assessments to determine eligibility for services and rapid enrollment into HCBS services.
- Input data on consumers into the NYS Health Commerce System.
- Do presentations to facilities that serve people diagnosed with mental illness on the benefits of HCBS services.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Work under direct supervision of the Director of Health Homes Care Coordination.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelors Degree in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, OTPT, recreation or recreation therapy, counseling, community mental health, child and family studies, sociology, speech and hearing or other human services field OR a NYS teacher’s certificate plus a Bachelors Degree OR a RN plus a Bachelors Degree OR a Bachelor’s Degree level education or higher in any field with 5+ years of experience working directly with persons with BH diagnoses OR a CASAC; PLUS Two years of experience in: providing direct services to people with SMI, DD or SUD OR in linking individuals with SMI, DD or SUD to a broad range of services essential to success living in a community setting (a master’s degree in one of the qualifying education fields may be substituted for one year of experience). Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free Agency.
CLOSING DATE: January 14, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRO/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214