EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Security Officer
DESCRIPTION: Oversee ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of and adherence to WNYIL’s policies and procedures for managing the protection, security of and access to information deemed confidential, sensitive and/or regulatory protected in compliance with federal and state laws (HIPAA, HITECH).
- Provide development guidance and assist in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information security policies and procedures in coordination with organization management and administration.
- Perform or coordinate and review initial and periodic information security risk assessments and related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the entity’s other compliance and operational assessment functions.
- Participate as needed on the Corporate Compliance Committee to provide information relative to Agency privacy and security activity.
- Work with WNYIL management team and compliance staff to establish organization-wide Security Oversight Committee or function.
- Create and administer effective controls and monitoring of employee access to PHI/ePHI.
- Routinely audit employee access to ePHI as required by contracts or regulations.
- Ensure that all security incidents are assessed, tracked and communicated to all applicable internal and external parties including all required breach notification activities.
- Coordinate Agency records request fulfillment.
- Oversee, direct, deliver and/or ensure delivery of initial privacy/security training orientation as well as additional periodic training deemed necessary.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of all Business Associates to ensure that they are complying with all relevant privacy/security policies, laws and regulations.
- Assist in overseeing WNYIL’s Emergency Preparedness Plan as it relates to data security and backup of all critical systems including EHR, HRIS, and payroll data.
- Assist in overseeing physical controls for all locations.
- Manage access controls for all internal/external database usage.
- Collaborate with Facilities Management to identify and coordinate subcontracting for needed system improvements.
- Participate as a member of the Compliance Audit Team.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Human Resource and Compliance Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of one (1) year of experience working in privacy, security and/or compliance in the Human Services Sector. Must possess or obtain within 6 months a Certification in Health Care Privacy Compliance from an accredited organization and maintain certification for the duration of employment. Must have an understanding of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule and HITECH. Must possess demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free Agency.
CLOSING DATE: October 20, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214