External Job Posting
TITLE: Receptionist — Batavia location
DESCRIPTION: Answer incoming Agency calls, redirecting them to appropriate staff. Greet all visitors entering the agency. Perform general office duties, including mail, bulk mailings, copying, faxing, and other miscellaneous clerical office functions.
- Answering and directing all outside and backup calls to appropriate staff and/or department.
- Greet visitors entering the Agency, having them sign in, and notifying appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail.
- Collect and post all outgoing mail in the ILGR location. Arrange for interagency delivery.
- Monitor and maintain the supply inventory, including Medical Loan Closet items.
- Re-file CSRs after pulled by staff if required.
- Provide general information and referral to the public on topics relating to persons with disabilities such as housing and adaptive aides.
- Arrange for all agency equipment to be in operating condition at all times.
- Participate in organization of lobby exhibitions/lectures.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in the SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Create the monthly Loan Closet report.
- Assist with the agency auditing and close out of CSR’s as required.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Independent Living of the Genesee Region (ILGR).
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a High School or Diploma or Equivalent plus two (2) years’ experience in general office work. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Working knowledge of computers including databases, work processing, and networks. Preference given to bilingual candidates and residents of Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free Organization.)
CLOSING DATE: June 26, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRO/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Work Site Location: Batavia, NY