Any reported allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination or retaliation, whether verbal or in writing, will be investigated promptly and thoroughly. The investigation may include individual interviews with the parties involved and, where necessary, with others who have seen or heard the alleged conduct or have other relevant knowledge. All individuals involved, including the complainant, may be required to cooperate as needed in an investigation of suspected harassment and will not be retaliated against for doing so in good faith. All persons involved, including complainants, witnesses, and alleged perpetrators, will be afforded due process to protect their rights to a fair and impartial investigation.
The complaint and investigation will be handled with sensitivity, and confidentiality will be maintained throughout the investigatory process to the extent practicable and appropriate under the circumstances.
Generally, investigations will be done in accordance with the following steps:
- The Human Resource Department will review the allegations and request completion of a written report. If the individual refuses, complete a report based on the oral reporting.
- Obtain and preserve any documentation such as emails, phone records, electronic communications, etc.
- Interview all parties involved, including relevant witnesses
- Create written documentation that includes:
A list of documents and summary
A list of those interviewed and statement summaries
A timeline of events
A summary of prior relevant incidents
The final resolution of the complaint and corrective action(s)
- Retain investigation documentation
- Notify the complainant and individual(s) who responded of the determination and implement corrective action(s), as appropriate