JOB TITLE: Technical Support Specialist III
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Facilities Management Officer
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Must be able to set up and provide technical support and training to staff on electronic equipment, internet, network, VOIP telephone systems, other peripheral equipment and accessible equipment for staff with disabilities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and maintain email, network and voicemail accounts as needed.
- Set-up assistive devices and technology at Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL) for staff and events as needed.
- Maintain inventory of WNYIL’s electronic equipment. Determine when and how to recycle old equipment as it becomes obsolete.
- Setup and maintain workstations for new staff members.
- Provide computer/network, telephone and technical support training for staff.
- Maintain inventory of printer ink cartridges and other day-to-day technology supplies. Submit appropriate paperwork in a timely manner to purchase equipment as needed.
- Lead the setup of new staff accounts and technology to make sure everything is completed in a timely manner.
- Verify all inventory is kept up to date by all members of the tech department.
- Setup and maintain email addresses for Personal Assistants through the Taking Control Department. Troubleshoot common login issues over the phone with PAs as needed.
- Assist staff with virtual meeting programs and make sure staff can connect for all staff meetings and other agency events.
- Troubleshoot staff’s Office 365 issues and other software problems.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for all technical support functions. Create step by step how-to guides for staff when necessary.
- Write reports for Human Resources (HR) and Corporate Compliance for security threats identified by Tech support. Report on phishing email attacks as needed.
- Maintain inventory of printer ink cartridges. Submit appropriate paperwork in a timely manner to purchase replacement cartridges as needed.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows and MacIntosh environments, tablets and smart phones, as well as peripherals such as printers, scanners, signature pads, cameras, headsets with microphones.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Must be able to use a website builder such as WordPress.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to type forty (40) words per minute.
- Must be able to travel independently to all WNYIL locations (Erie, Niagara and Genesee Counties), as needed.
- Must be able to work with and set up VOIP systems and accounts.
- Must be able to work independently or collaboratively in accomplishing responsibilities and projects.
- Must exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical users.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of computers including the use of excel spreadsheets, word processing, databases, WordPress, networks and internet.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Occasional lifting of not more than 30 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, support staff.
Range: $35,000 - $40,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: December 6, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214