JOB TITLE: Personal Assistant (PA) Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources (HR)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Human Resource Coordinator
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Perform onboarding activities for Personal Assistants (PAs) for the Taking Control program. Assist consumers / employers or their Designated Representatives (DRs), in the recruiting of individuals for employment. Perform backup duties as part of the PA Specialist Team. Provides coverage at other WNYIL locations as needed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform onboarding activities for employment for prospective PAs of the Taking Control program.
- Ensure that PAs submit all required information needed to be employed by the Taking Control program.
- Ensure that all data points are entered on the PA tracker as PAs move through the hire process.
- Follow the established PA Readiness process for new and returning PAs.
- Ensure that all active PAs working in the Taking Control program update all necessary medical and administrative information on an annual basis.
- Scan, upload and record all required PA information into all appropriate databases within 24-hours.
- Run the weekly Reminders Report for PA medicals. Print and mail letters that go with the report and inactivate any assistants that have reached the past due date.
- On a weekly basis update the I-9’s of new PAs that have started working to finalize the I-9 process.
- On a monthly basis review the PA Not Paid report sent out by the HR Department and shut off newly inactivated PAs in WNYIL’s Electronic Visit Verification (EEV) system.
- Maintain a regional PA availability list to assist consumers / employers or Designated Representatives, in identifying prospective candidates for employment.
- Work in conjunction with the Taking Control Administrator to assist consumers with obtaining PA services.
- Respond to phone calls within 24 hours.
- Follow all established program processes relative to processing and maintaining PAs’ employment.
- Perform a name search of all PAs, before employment, on all applicable state and federal Office of the Medicaid Inspector General’s (OMIG) exclusion lists.
- Participate in PA Specialist Team meetings.
- Participate in the Human Resource / Corporate Compliance staff meetings.
- Refer any issues regarding fraud, waste or abuse to the Corporate Compliance Department.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalency
Associate Degree in Human Services, Business or related field
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
High school diploma or equivalent requires three (3) years of general office work experience.
Associate degree requires one (1) year of work experience as an Administrative Assistant.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a form of reliable transportation in order to travel independently throughout Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties.
- Fluency in Spanish and / or Russian strongly preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers, including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $34,000 - $37,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: March 25, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214