JOB TITLE: Office Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of Niagara County (ILNC)
LOCATION: Niagara Falls, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, ILNC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in assuring that the ILNC team works collaboratively with the other Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL) agencies to maximize consumer satisfaction.
- Supervise ILNC Administrative staff and implement WNYIL policies and procedures.
- Work as a team with ILNC Director to assess and evaluate status of the agency.
- Improve and stay informed on the most effective best practices in serving consumers served through ILNC programs.
- Collaborate with ILNC Assistant Director in the management, implementation, and direction of daily activities related to Intake and assigning new people to staff in a timely manner.
- Be knowledgeable with the ILNC based budget and its allocations to determine budget expenditures needed to implement program needs to maintain approval of budgeted funds.
- Assure accurate documentation of consumer services and required paperwork to WNYIL’s Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) database, as well as any additional program specific databases and assure that this task is completed within two (2) business days of service.
- Complete all typing, filing and report writing assignments within designated time periods.
- Gather and produce ILNC’s Director’s Report by the third business day of each month and forward the completed report to the Lead Administrative Officer upon approval from the ILNC Director.
- Maintain a copy of the ILNC Director’s schedule.
- Forward transcription materials to Community Engagement when requested by the ILNC Director.
- Periodically check and maintain needed supplies for the ILNC’s copy machine.
- Perform Notary Public services for ILNC and consumers.
- Provide assistance and back-up in monitoring and maintaining the supply inventory.
- Compile, complete and submit supply orders for ILNC programs.
- Conduct bookkeeping duties, including but not limited to reconcile the checkbook monthly, manage and maintain the petty cash box and maintain the safe and ensure the documentation for all accounting is submitted monthly to accounting department.
- Coordinate all ILNC staff training and Council trainings.
- Be a co-signature on checks of ILNC.
- Review staff mileage and time sheets.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
ILNC COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate scheduling of all regular and special ILNC Council meetings.
- Act as a Recording Secretary at all ILNC Council meetings and work with the Secretary of the ILNC Council in developing the final draft of the minutes.
- Function as a liaison to ILNC Council Committees when assigned.
- Assemble the monthly ILNC Council packet in conjunction with the ILNC Director and Chair of the ILNC Council.
- Distribute Council packet to ILNC Council members so that materials are received five (5) calendars prior to the meeting. All materials it will be sent out ten (10) calendar days prior to the meeting.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Within one (1) year of employment, candidate must become a licensed Notary.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
High school diploma or equivalency
Associate Degree in a Business-related field
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Supervision experience is preferred but not required.
High school diploma or equivalent requires three (3) years of general office work experience.
Associate degree requires two (2) years of general office work experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to type forty (40) words per minute.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Niagara County residents encouraged to apply.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $36,000 - $38,500
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: January 19, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214