JOB TITLE: Director
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of Niagara County (ILNC)
LOCATION: Niagara Falls, N.Y.
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for monitoring the progress and achieving annual goals for ILNC, which include but are not limited to implementing policies and procedures, supervising staff and overseeing specific operations as determined by the Chief Operations Officer of Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL).
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire appropriate staff to meet the needs of specific program descriptions.
- Adhere to contract requirements as required by funding sources.
- Supervise ILNC staff and implement Independent Living (IL) philosophy according to WNYIL policies and procedures.
- Respond effectively to consumers’ complaints or grievances toward ILNC staff.
- Report to ILNC Council 1) programs and services 2) recommendations on budgetary modifications and 3) public policy initiatives.
- Develop annual budget in collaboration with COO and the WNYIL Accounting department for approval of ILNC Council.
- Orient and train staff on needed skills to improve performance outcomes.
- Promote ILNC programs, Independent Living Philosophy and Consumer and Peer Movements through community outreach and education.
- Advocate and promote interests of ILNC in the community, state and nation.
- Collaborate with other entities in order to improve conditions for people with disabilities.
- Stay informed of and implement best practices in independent living services.
- Pursue grants and contractual opportunities for ILNC.
- Ascertain the success of consumer satisfaction surveys and measuring tools as requested and ensure results are reported to the appropriate parties.
- Coordinate and oversee the completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe workplace in all ILNC locations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate degree in Human Services
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Experience with grant writing preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent requires eight (8) years’ non-profit management work and supervision of direct service staff and implementation of disability programs.
Associate degree requires six (6) years’ work experience in non-profit management and supervision of direct service staff and implementation of disability programs.
Bachelor’s degree requires four (4) years’ work experience in non-profit management and supervision of direct service staff and implementation of disability programs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to use personal lived experience when promoting the IL philosophy and educating the community.
- Must have oral and written communication skills.
- Niagara County residents are encouraged to apply.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $60,000 - $68,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: May 16, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214