JOB TITLE: Program Specialist (CYSHCN)
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of the Genesee Region (ILGR)
LOCATION: Batavia / Albion, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, ILGR
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Will work with the Public Health Department in Genesee and Orleans Counties through the Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Grant to connect children, birth to twenty-one (21) years old, and their families to established support programs, critical pathways providers to help facilitate access to needed home and community- based supports and streamline access to services that empower families.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individualized services to youth and families. Record each encounter in State-wide database within two (2) working days. Ensure a complete and accurate record is maintained.
- Collaborate with Department of Health and Regional Support Center (RSC) to identify resources and develop a comprehensive resource guide and family engagement plan.
- Participate in needs assessment planning and identify barriers and unmet needs. Suggest strategies for quality improvement.
- Facilitate family engagement, encourage participation by informing them of topics and resources in the community including support meetings and training workshops.
- Increase community awareness of local health department programs in their community.
- Attend in-person regional CYSHCN meetings and follow up calls on a quarterly basis. Participate in quarterly state-wide webinars. Complete and submit quarterly reports to the Director of Children with Special Needs for Genesee County and Orleans County.
- Engage medical providers, childcare providers, school systems and community organizations to work together, identify resources and challenges; serve as a technical resource to these partners.
- Provide youth ages fourteen-twenty-one (14-21) and their families with transition from pediatric to adult services, assist with information about transition from secondary education.
- Increase youth and family participation in local planning events, work groups, advisory committees, or task forces to gauge feedback and satisfaction with programs. Facilitate reimbursement to families for their participation in CYSHCN program planning events. Engage families of diverse cultures in family satisfaction events.
- Ensure that communication, outreach, referrals and engagement strategies reflect diversity of the community.
- Attend Agency’s in-service training and staff meetings as well as any other agency-related activities as required.
- Employee must have current immunizations including Tetanus, PPD as well as have a current physical clearing them for duty.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Associate Degree related to Human Services
Bachelor’s degree related to Human Services
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Understanding or ability to learn resources in the delivery systems for families and children with special health care needs and how to connect consumers to more intensive services.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must be able to independently travel throughout Genesee and Orleans Counties.
- Ability to work independently at Independent Living offices and off-site visits to provide seamless coordination of services.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, professional staff.
Range: $38,000 - $44,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: January 5, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214