JOB TITLE: Family 2 Family (F2F) Support Specialist - PT
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health PEER Connection (MHPC)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Recovery Peer Services Coordinator
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide information, resources and support to those affected by someone else’s addiction.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in the community to reach out to individuals who need assistance dealing with someone else’s addiction.
- Educate Erie County communities, with a strong focus on rural communities throughout the county, about the different services and options that families and loved ones have when dealing with someone else’s addiction.
- Assist individuals in the community who have never been introduced to the Addict 2 Addict (A2A) / Family 2 Family (F2F) Erie program and the program’s recovery concept.
- Provide information and referral to individual and family supporters in navigating services available to prevent re-occurrence.
- Be a liaison with hospital, treatment, family and community providers in linking individuals to proper support in the community.
- Facilitate at least two (2) Community Forums per month, throughout Erie County, addressing the needs of dealing with Substance Use Disorder.
- Provide immediate follow through for the family, in making initial contact with positive community and / or medical supports.
- Be a liaison and advocate with existing medical and community supports regarding family needs.
- Provide peer support during times when traditional treatment services are unavailable, which includes after business hours, weekends and some holidays.
- Provide the peer perspective to professional providers and family supporters in an effort to understand the perspective of the individual being served.
- Empower individual’s family being served to make fully informed decisions.
- Responsible, when on call, to respond to calls from Western New York Independent Living, Inc.’s (WNYIL’s) answering service in a timely manner.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) database within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) certification is required and must be obtained within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
High school diploma or equivalency
Associate Degree in social work, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, or related human services field
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, or related human services field
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
High school diploma or equivalent requires three (3) years of work experience providing peer services. Associate degree requires two (2) years of work experience providing peer services.
Bachelor’s degree requires one (1) year of work experience providing peer services.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 20 hours per week. Rotational On-Call Required.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, salary, non-exempt, professional staff.
Range: $16,500 - $18,000
BENEFITS: Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: Janaury 20, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214