JOB TITLE: Consumer Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Taking Control
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Taking Control Program
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Coordinate, monitor and lead in the enrollment and the sustaining of consumers as members of the Taking Control program for Erie County; and promote a positive image of the Consumer Directed Personal Assistant Services (CDPAS) within the region.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES RELATIVE TO CONSUMERS:
- Receive all consumer referrals for CDPAS from the Taking Control Director and Health Care Plans.
- Immediately report and forward all consumer referrals from the health care plans for CDPAS to the Director of Taking Control.
- Contact and conduct consumer intakes for participation in the CDPAS from the Taking Control program within one (1) week or receipt of the referral.
- Review, train and provide all necessary information for consumers to fully understand and utilize the Taking Control Program.
- Enter all relevant consumer intake data as well as documentation of any future meeting or conversation with the consumer, any individual on behalf of the consumer or the consumer’s Managed Care Organization / Managed Long-Term Care / Local Department of Social Services (MCO / MLTC / LDSS) into Taking Control’s databases within 24-hours of contact.
- Directly contact Taking Control staff within 24-hours of the completion of consumer processing so that PA recruitment can begin (Accounting, Quality Assurance Data Entry Specialist, Director of Taking Control and Personal Assistant Specialist).
- Upon notification that a PA is ready to work, contact the Taking Control consumer within one (1) working day advising them of their Personal Assistant’s readiness to work.
- Assist and / or educate consumers how to hire, monitor and / or terminate PAs. Provide consumer referrals to the Independent Living Center for an Independent Living (IL) Specialist, if requested.
- Directly communicate with health care plan personnel, when appropriate, regarding authorizations, re-authorizations, consumer’s inability to self-direct and all other applicable contractual obligations affecting consumer’s service.
- Reporting any issues / complaints regarding consumer’s service and / or recruitment as per the Taking Control complaint process within 24-hours of awareness and / or resolution.
- Review the eligibility list produced by the Accounting Department within 24-hours of release. Investigate and resolve authorization and / or eligibility issues. Document into the Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) all efforts towards resolution within 24-hours of occurrence.
- Review the Utilization Report produced by the Compliance Department within 24-hours of release. Identify any assigned consumer having excessive hours of under-utilization of allocated hours. Immediately contact the consumers to identify reasons for the underutilization of hours and offer assistance and / or guidance if needed. Report any concerns regarding self-direction to the Corporate Compliance office immediately for further investigation.
- Review the daily “Care Alerts”, distributed by the Corporate Compliance Department. Identify any assigned consumer and immediately follow-up on needed actions affecting consumer’s service.
- Act as the point of contact for the consumer for the regional Taking Control team to insure a successful, quick and efficient start for consumers enrolling into CDPAS.
- Act as the point of contact for the consumer for the Taking Control regional team in resolving consumers’ concerns / issues quickly and effectively.
- Follow all processes outlined in the Taking Control Procedure Manual.
- Ensure all activities are compliant as per the Agency’s Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Immediately refer any allegations / issues involving fraud, waste or abuse to the Corporate Compliance Department.
- Attend bi-weekly cross teams Taking Control meetings.
- Receive program direction from the Director of Taking Control.
- Participate in the Taking Control Consumer Advisory Council.
- Accurately document consumer / PA services in Western New York Independent Living, Inc’s (WNYIL’s) Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalency
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- High school diploma or equivalent requires three (3) years of general office work experience.
- Associate degree requires one (1) year of general office work experience.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a form of reliable transportation in order to travel throughout Erie County.
- Must be able to type thirty-five (35) words per minute and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have basic level knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $40,000 - $41,500
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: August 16, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214