JOB TITLE: Community Engagement Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Community Engagement
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Community Engagement Officer
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for managing and supporting outreach activities, events and community engagement programs for Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL). This position will plan and execute program development, manage annual giving initiatives, coordinate and secure corporate sponsorship and underwriting, plan and manage promotions & special events and provide support for the preparation and submittal of grant applications to foundations and other organizations.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and manages community giving programs, online and through direct mail.
- Plans and manages promotions and special events, online and in-person.
- Helps identify, cultivate and steward current and prospective donors.
- Researches and develops donor engagement strategies, including the design and operation of donor stewardship programs and helps manage the donor database.
- Tracks and assesses fundraising metrics as appropriate.
- Works with volunteers on various fundraising activities.
- Creates and delivers sponsorship and underwriting proposals and prepares follow-up reports.
- Works collaboratively with board members and staff.
- Researches and writes grants.
- Acts as a liaison / representative of WNYIL at community activities and events in order to expand recognition of names, visions and missions.
- Ensures all required reporting is completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
• Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
Associate degree requires five (5) years of experience in communications, Marketing or Business.
Bachelor’s degree requires two (2) years of experience in Communications, Marketing or Business.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively interact and represent WNYIL in the community.
- Ability to reach and influence key audiences.
- Understanding and ability to implement and request corporate sponsorship, fundraising, online requests for donation, in-kind donation requests and event management skills.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required. Some evenings and weekends as needed.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, professional staff.
Range: $35,000 - $40,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: February 22, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214