TITLE: WNYIL - Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN) Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Build capacity within the program as a lead resource for HARP questions, inquiries, and technical assistance for ICAN partner organizations. The overall goal for the program is to serve consumers, community members, businesses, individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses, caregivers, and professionals through educational presentations, the Summit on Aging, town meetings, and community outreach and presentations.
- Coordinate and implement goals and objectives in regard to the ICAN Ombudsman Program that relate to outreach and community awareness efforts to targeted populations.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of community outreach events of ICAN goals based on outreach to the community and professionals.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct community outreach and provide in-services and presentations to area organizations, clubs, schools, and other community groups based on the ICAN Grant Objectives.
- Assist consumers in receiving equal rights, pertaining to their healthcare needs, as a lead resource for HARP questions, inquiries, and technical assistance.
- Provide linkage to other community services relating to the needs of the population.
- Make referrals and when necessary, assist consumers in linking to appropriate programs and services that they need.
- Maintain records of contacts with community members, businesses, individuals with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses.
- Complete required monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in required electronic databases within two (2) business days from date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Policy Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree with two (2) years’ related experience in health care or advocacy;
- A High School Diploma or equivalency with five (5) years’ related work experience.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening outreach events.
- Must possess organizational and public communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and multiple database use is essential.
- Professional and life-experience may be considered in lieu of, in full, or part of academic credentials.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY: $35,000 to $37,000
CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2021
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214