TITLE: Taking Control Customer Service Specialist
DESCRIPTION: To provide efficient and competent quality service in problem solving to the consumers/employers, personal assistants, MCO’s and other entities that interact with the Taking Control Program.
- Answer and direct outside Taking Control calls to appropriate staff.
- Respond to inquiries based on knowledge of the program.
- Assist program staff with documentation management and processing.
- Assist with the printing and mailing of the following as needed: utilization letters, reauthorization letters and availability lists.
- Assist the Assistant to the Director with sending physical/PPD authorizations and documentation to medical providers prior to PA appointments.
- Assist with maintaining and updating eligibility list bi-monthly.
- Assist with accurately entering all reauthorizations, including any temporary changes, into Caretime and the EHR while ensuring that the data housed in all data bases are consistent.
- Assist with entering missed call in/out into Caretime after verification of hours with consumer.
- Assist with mailing out notarized time-sheets to consumers for missed punches that are not in the current week.
- Notify payroll of all outstanding notarized time sheets.
- Assign PIN numbers to new personal assistants.
- Set up all new consumers and personal assistants in Caretime.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR Database, as well as Consumer Service Record (CSR) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Taking Control.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years’ experience in general office work or an Associate’s Degree in a business-related field, plus one (1) year of general office work experience. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or
part of academic credentials. Must be able to type 35 words per minute and answer the telephone. Working knowledge of computers including databases, word processing, and networks.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 – $35,000
CLOSING DATE: February 8, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214