JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Assists the CFO with accounting job duties and manages the Finance Deadline Schedule.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- On a monthly basis reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts.
- Record monthly general journal entries to include payroll allocation.
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports for various contracts in Excel.
- Perform monthly general journal entries to include payroll allocation.
- Assist with cash flow preparation in Excel.
- Run payroll reports in payroll software and analyze data using vlookups and pivot tables in Excel.
- Work with Accounts Payable to streamline processes for month end.
- Prepare schedules for Consolidated Financial Reports and Audits.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
• Experience with Quick Books and Kronos helpful, but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Support staff.
Range: $43,000 - $45,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
CLOSING DATE: September 13, 2021
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214