TITLE: Open Doors Transition Specialist — ILGR
DESCRIPTION: This position will assist individuals in reentry from institutional settings to the community. The Community Reentry Specialist will facilitate and coordinate for individuals residing in institutions with a comprehensive plan to reenter the community.
- Receive referrals from the Reentry Coordinator and ensure the reentry process is followed through for each consumer.
- Provide counseling and information for individuals and families who are considering, or are in the process of, reentry into the community.
- Coordinate visits to institutions, provide potential participants with unbiased information regarding available home and community based services, participate in discharge planning, and coordinate with other relevant social service agencies involved in the discharge and transition care of the consumer.
- Develop and facilitate person centered plans effective for the 90-day transition period, secure qualified housing, coordinate home and community services during the transition period, and subsequently ensure continuation of services after the 90-days is completed.
- Collaborate with the Community Reentry Coordinator to determine barriers to reentry.
- Consult with Community Reentry Coordinator to assist in addressing barriers related to medical condition or counseling need.
- Ensures all significant client data and service provision details are current and accurate, and that they are documented in a timely manner into WNYIL’s and the contracted provider’s databases.
- Attends Agency's in-service training and department meetings as well as any other agency-related activities.
- Perform other program-related duties as assigned.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
Supervision: Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Independent Living of Genesee Region.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field or an Associate’s Degree and three years of relevant experience working with community based long term care projects or other comparable work experience in a private setting. Preferred candidates should have a working knowledge of issues faced by persons of all ages who are in need of long-term care services, particularly with those related to nursing home transition, and a deep commitment to person-centered planning and consumer choice. Candidates should have a firm understanding of Medicaid eligibility and coverage, as well as 1915(c) Medicaid waivers. Possess excellent written, oral and organizational skills. Must be computer literate with basic Microsoft programs and Internet search use. Experience working with people with disabilities preferred. Residents of the Genesee Region encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
SALARY RANGE: $28,197 - $33,197
CLOSING DATE: April 30, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214