EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Title: Enhancement - Employment Specialist
Description: To assess the readiness and appropriateness of participants in the Enhancement Program for employment. Recruits perspective employers, within the community, to grant work experiences or real employment to participants. To coordinate Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Individuals with employment opportunities in the community.
- To seek out employers who will participate in Enhancement Program and who will allow TANF Individuals a work experience at their work site.
- Participate in TANF Individuals Person Centered Plan and match up a work experience with TANF Individuals desires.
- To report attendance to Erie County Department of Social Services (ECDSS), and verify with employers hours of work experience TANF individuals participate in each week,
- To work with employers and TANF Individuals any difficulties that arises with the work experience.
- Organize annual luncheon to recognize employers providing work experiences.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
Supervision: Will work under the direct supervision of the Mental Health Peer Connection Coordinator.
Standards of Performance: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
Qualifications: The qualified applicant will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and one (1) year work experience with the mental health system, or an Associates Degree in Human Services with at least two (2) years work experience with the mental health system, or a High School Diploma or GED with at
least four (4) years work experience in the mental health system. One (1) year experience in providing employment, vocational, or educational services to those with disabilities. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
SALARY RANGE: 31,000 – 36,000
CLOSING DATE: April 2, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Tina Brown, CHRO/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214