TITLE: Engagement and Referral Specialist
DESCRIPTION: Actively engage the community and individuals who are of Native American Indian descent, primarily people from Tuscarora, Seneca Nation of Indians, Tonawanda Band of Seneca’s, and their service providers. Assist in the engagement and delivery of Independent Living Services for Native Americans with Disabilities to educate, engage, and enroll consumers into Independent Living services and external programs that will assist them in achieving personal goals, as well as increase their independence and quality of life.
- Coordinate deliverables and outreach goals for the overall program.
- Serve as a contact for the program.
- Report monthly program outcomes to the Engagement and Referral Program Leader and OAHIIO Director.
- Coordinate outreach efforts with the Engagement and Referral Program Leader and Quality and Report Specialist/File Clerk.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with external services to support Native American populations with disabilities in the achievement of their Independent Living goals.
- Responsible for the monthly deliverables and continuity as described in the ACL-Native American Independent Living Outreach Plan developed by the Director of Community Engagement and Director of OAHIIO as set forth by the funding source.
- Monitor and delivery of monthly deliverables for outreach and deliverables of the program by the 1st of each month.
- To assist in the intake, provision of independent living goals and referrals to external programs and services, as needed by the Native American individuals with disabilities
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Prioritize work assignments based on deadlines and urgency.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Director of OAHIIO.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of OAHIIO.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess an Associate’s degree in human service, communications, or related field with two (2) years related experience; or a High School diploma or Equivalent with five (5) years related experience. Desired background in direct service to Native American populations, public relations, outreach, communications or a related field. Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have the ability to remain calm and professional under stress. Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Tuscarora native urged to apply; experience in ILS & Peer counseling or willingness to learn.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
SALARY RANGE: $13.94 - $15.87 PER HOUR
CLOSING DATE: December 17, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRO/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214