TITLE: Accounting- Staff Accountant
DESCRIPTION: Assists the Contracts Accountant with general accounting duties and manages the Finance Deadline Schedule.
- Assists Accounting Department with deadlines on Finance Schedule.
- Makes general journal entries and assist in reconciling bank accounts.
- Follows-up on unreconciled items, including uncashed checks.
- Assists Contracts Accountant with preparing supported documentation for various contract expense reports.
- Works with Accounts Payable to streamline processes for accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Assists Contracts Accountant in processing bi-weekly payroll, which includes running reports and checking for accuracy.
- Prepares monthly accrual of expenses.
- Assists with audits.
- Participates in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Performs any other duties deemed legally and ethically necessary by supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Contracts Accountant of WNY Independent Living, Inc.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree in accounting, with at least six (6) months’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Experience with Quick Books, or other accounting software, is required.
- Candidate must have skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $38,000 to $40,000
CLOSING DATE: November 5, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214