Internal/External Job Posting
TITLE: Youth Peer Advocacy Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Co-lead the development of a new Youth Peer Advocacy Program within WNYIL, Inc. covering Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties. Supervise Youth Peer Advocates. Provide peer support in person, and on-line.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Youth Peer Advocacy Program.
- Monitoring the progress of the program.
- Evaluating the impact of the program.
a. Achieve and Report the progress of program goals to appropriate funding sources.
- Supervise all Youth Peer Advocates according to WNYIL, Inc. policies, procedures and practices, including:
c. Evaluation and
d. Termination of staff
- Jointly develop the annual budget of Youth Peer Advocacy Program with the Chief Operations Officer.
- Monitor, maintain, and request goods and services necessary for the operation of the program.
- Coordinate WNYIL, Inc.’s Youth Advisory Council, including the recruitment of members, meeting logistics, and recordkeeping.
- Advocate and promote interests of the Youth Advisory Council in the community, state and nation.
- Monitor and coordinate activities of WNYIL Inc.’s online youth peer support forum, www.WNYyouthresources.org
- Identify potential funding streams and assist with crafting funding proposals/grants.
- Ensure the delivery of peer advocacy services to transition-age youth with disabilities.
- Facilitate skill-building groups and trainings for young people with disabilities.
- Inform individuals about various programs that are available to them and assist them in securing and/or maintaining benefits, such as vocational rehabilitation, social services, Medicaid, etc.
- Conduct and collect the results of WNYIL, Inc.’s consumer satisfaction measuring tools and report results to the Youth Advisory Council and WNYIL, Inc.’s Administration.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s Electronic Consumer Record (ECR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Monitor Electronic Consumer Service records to ensure that consumer data and reporting of services are complete and correct.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of The Chief Operations Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have four years’ experience providing Youth Peer Advocacy services. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, or a two (2) year degree related to human services, with work-experience related to same. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Knowledge of persons with disabilities and federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free organization.
SALARY RANGE: $38,000 - $45,000
CLOSING DATE: January 17, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214