EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Translation Coordination Specialist
DESCRIPTION: To provide Spanish translation services for the staff of WNY Independent Living, Inc. and to coordinate and schedule other language interpreting needs of the agency.
- Interpret for Spanish, as needed, in all WNYIL, Inc. Agency locations (Agency meetings, consumer walk-ins, CDPAS orientations, consumer meetings, trainings).
- Be available for pre-scheduled days in each location.
- Translate agency documentation (brochures, flyers, annual reports, event itineraries) into Spanish.
- Maintain a list, and contact information, of all qualified interpreters and interpreting companies for all languages, including American Sign Language.
- Track all interpreter requests for the Agency (both internally and externally), including scheduling and cancelling of interpretation appointments.
- Maintain a list of staff requests, including name of consumer, requiring interpreting services, date of request, type of activity (in person or phone), location, funding source paying for service, how many interpreters required, language, time and number of hours, date interpreter secured, and description of activity.
- Create an interpreter request procedure and maintain all interpreter request forms.
- Create and maintain a manual that includes all interpreting services available to the agency and the details of that service including cost and how to request interpreter.
- Maintain an agency budget allocating costs of interpreting services to each agency and departments.
- Verify any invoices received to ensure services took place, then give to CEO/COO for final approval.
- Ensure all contracts with interpreters / interpreting companies are current and reflect accurate data.
- Seek out new and cost-efficient interpreting services.
- Reach out and engage with other agencies in the area (Hispanics United, Evergreen, Hispanic Heritage Council of WNY, etc.).
- Organize and lead a consortium with other agencies that work with Spanish speaking consumers.
- Recruit Board and Committee members from the Hispanic community.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Community Engagement.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess an Associate Degree in Human Services. Must be fluent in Spanish and English. Candidate must have reliable transportation and automobile insurance, or the ability to utilize public transportation to commute to sites in all of the counties in which WNYIL, Inc. operates. Fluency in additional languages is strongly preferred.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
CLOSING DATE: May 28, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214