EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Program Specialist - HAWNY (PT) 22.5 hours
DESCRIPTION: Coordinate the Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming (GOW) Continuum of Care and maximize community participation.
- Conduct monthly Continuum of Care meetings in the Genesee County, Orleans County, and Wyoming County (GOW) areas.
- Maintain and increase participation in HMIS for service providers located in the GOW area.
- Communicate with the Homeless Alliance of Western New York on a regular basis to help coordinate services and comply with Housing and Urban Development expectations.
- Regularly meet with Warming Shelters or other organizations and provide resource information to their direct service staff.
- Increase organizational participation and recruit new members into the Continuum of Care.
- Use the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data to assist the Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties’ Continuum of Care, with grant applications; create reports.
- Coordinate at-risk assessment for data tracking purposes.
- Increase homeless services in general, including prevention, shelter and permanent housing.
- Facilitate and coordinate Point-in-Time survey activity.
- Update the GOW pocket-guide and Housing and Employment Resource Guides.
- Produce quarterly reports on all engagement-related activities.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Director of ILGR.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of ILGR.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must, at all times, perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's or an Associate’s Degree related to Human Services, with work experience related to same. Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities. Ability to travel independently throughout the three (3) service regions is needed (Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming counties). Selected candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills, and proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office. A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential. Residents of Genesee, Orleans, or Wyoming Counties encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Organization.
SALARY RANGE: $21,000 to $23,000
CLOSING DATE: November 5, 2020
COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214