EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: NY Connects Outreach Specialist-ILNC
DESCRIPTION: Work in conjunction with each local NY Connects program in the delivery of public education campaign to support the NY Connects expansion and enhancement. Present out in the
community program information at venues with access to seniors, individuals with disabilities and caregivers who would benefit from access to the NY Connects.
- Attend the Long-Term Care Council (LTCC) and NY Connects staff meetings in respective service area.
- Attend state mandated training Information and Assistance and/or Person-Centered Assistance/Options Counseling on the new statewide database and resource directory.
- Deliver the public education campaign that has been developed and approved by the state.
- Be present, as needed, at each NY Connects location.
- Coordinate a seamless transition between consumer and NY Connects ILS.
- Responsible for reporting all meetings, trainings, outreach, education and awareness campaigns/events and other necessary information to the NY Connects Team Coordinator as deemed necessary by New York State Office of the Aging (NYSOFA).
- Assist in identifying new resources to be included in the NY Connects LTSS Resource Directory.
- Utilize technology for reporting, referrals, tracking and accessing resources, and coordinating three-way phone calls for a warm transfer.
- Attend and receive comprehensive, cross-agency trainings.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Independent Living of Niagara County.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must, at all times, perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's or an Associate's Degree related to human services with work experience related to same. Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities. Must have the ability to be mobile and work at various locations, attend trainings and meetings as required by their job duties. Selected candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus have good organization and analytical skills. A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Niagara County residents encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
(Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free Organization.)
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, Director of CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214