EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Mobile Transition Support Peer
DESCRIPTION: Provide Peer Support Services to individuals with mental illness being discharged from Buffalo Psychiatric Center or an acute care behavioral health hospital, to prevent re-admission.
- Provide Mobile Peer Support by following-up during a specific timeframe after discharged into community-based services and supports that are in place.
- Work with the Crisis Services team in providing and receiving information from existing providers of the individual being served, to assure continuity of care.
- Provide peer support and counseling to those in distress who are enrolled in the Mobile Transition Support program.
- Provide peer support during times when traditional mental health services are unavailable, which includes after business hours, weekends and some holidays.
- Provide encouragement, skill development, and support to ensure that discharge linkages effectively evolve to engagement in the identified service/support.
- Provide linkages to community support and self-help groups that individuals can utilize in developing natural supports.
- Provide advocacy, when needed, in assisting those being served with the traditional mental health providers.
- Provide independent living skills, such as learning how to take medication as prescribed, needed to avoid re-hospitalization.
- Offer to develop a WRAP Plan and Independent Living Assessment to those being served who are interested.
- Provide the peer perspective in an effort for professional providers to understand those they are serving.
- Communicate and collaborate with professional providers the activities being done with the individuals being served.
- Empower individuals being served to make fully informed decisions.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of Mental Health Peer Connection’s Crisis Service Team Leader.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS:. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related major and one year experience working in a Human Services setting or an Associate’s degree with three years experience
working in a Human Services setting or must have two years paid experience working as a peer in a Peer Run Agency. Within 6 months of being hired, must be certified as a NYS Certified Peer Specialist/Provisional. Life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle. Must be computer literate and be capable of typing at least 35 words per minute. Current or former recipients of behavioral health services are encouraged to apply.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free Agency.
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, Director of CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214