EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Medicare Facilitated Enroller
DESCRIPTION: Educate, engage, and assist Medicaid recipients who are mandated to apply for Medicare in order to continue receiving their Medicaid insurance coverage, in the Medicare application process.
- Attend all necessary Department Of Health (DOH), community, or Agency training as required.
- Call individuals on NYS DOH provided list to inform them of their requirement to apply for Medicare in order to retain their Medicaid coverage.
- Guide individuals through the Medicare application process over the phone.
- Conduct one-on-one appointments with consumers in a location convenient to them to complete Medicare application, as needed.
- Diligently follow through with each Medicare applicant to collect verification that they completed Medicare application as set forth by the NYS DOH.
- Be present and participate in bi-weekly conference calls with program staff.
- Attend one professional/community training every six months specific to the Medicare and/or Medicaid populations or health-care enrollment process.
- Enroll in professional development trainings to increase efficiency, accuracy, communication, or personal leadership skills.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the MAPP Program Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) year experience, an Associate’s Degree and three (3) years’ experience, or High School diploma/GED and five (5) years’ experience. Experience working in the health and human services field preferred. Preference will be given to individuals who are bilingual. Must be able to travel independently utilizing personal vehicle or public transportation to all consumers in the assigned coverage area. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu, in full, or part of academic credentials.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free organization.
CLOSING DATE: April 19, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214