JOB TITLE: Medicare Facilitated Enroller
DEPARTMENT: Medicaid Application Assistance Program (MAAP)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: MAAP Program Officer
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Educate, engage and assist Medicaid recipients who are mandated to apply for Medicare in order to continue receiving their Medicaid insurance coverage, in the Medicare application process.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend all necessary Department of Health (DOH), community or Agency training as required.
- Call individuals on NYS DOH provided list to inform them of their requirement to apply for Medicare in order to retain their Medicaid coverage.
- Guide individuals through the Medicare application process over the phone.
- Conduct one-on-one appointments with consumers in a location convenient to them to complete Medicare application, as needed.
- Diligently follow through with each Medicare applicant to collect verification that they completed Medicare application as set forth by the NYS DOH.
- Be present and participate in bi-weekly conference calls with program staff.
- Attend one professional/community training every six (6) months specific to the Medicare and/or Medicaid populations or health-care enrollment process.
- Enroll in professional development trainings to increase efficiency, accuracy, communication or personal leadership skills.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
High school diploma or equivalent requires five (5) years’ experience.
Associate degree requires three (3) years’ experience.
Bachelor’s degree requires one (1) year of experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to travel independently, utilizing personal vehicle or public transportation, to all consumers in assigned coverage area.
- Experience working in the health and human services field is preferred, but not required.
- Individuals who are bi-lingual are encouraged to apply.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office/Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $33,000 - $37,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: October 29, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214