EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: MHPC - Peer Support Specialist: Renewal Center
DESCRIPTION: Work within the Renewal Center, serving guests of the living space in overcoming immediate emotional crisis, who may alternatively result in emergency room visits.
- To connect, engage, and orient guests to the Renewal Center.
- Utilize motivational interviewing and intentional peer support in meeting the needs of the guests.
- Introduce coping techniques that de-escalate crisis through assisting in developing WRAP and/or WHAM plans of intervention.
- Assist the Qualified Health Professionals in obtaining a basic medical assessment.
- Work with guests in preventing future crisis through referral to the agencies the guests choose.
- Make appropriate referrals to the Assistant Director of MHPC for long term crisis situations, such as housing, government benefits, and employment.
- Perform light maintenance of the Renewal Center, to uphold an environment that meets the high standards of our guests.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in Electronic Health Record database, and within the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of Director of Mental Health Peer Connection.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology, or Related Human Services field and (1) one year work or volunteer experience with people with mental illness or an Associate’s in the above fields with two (2) years related work or volunteer experience with people with mental illness; or a High School Diploma, or equivalency, with four (4) years related work or volunteer experience with people with mental illness. Education and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in vocational services, disability services, business, personnel management, mental health or social service, counseling needed. Within six (6) months of being hired, must be certified as a NYS Certified Peer Specialist – Provisional. Candidate must have reliable transportation and the ability to utilize public transportation to commute to sites in all the counties WNYIL, Inc. operates. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of full or part academic credentials. Must have received NY care coordination, person-centered planning training. Applicant must be a current or former consumer of mental health services.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
CLOSING DATE: November 19, 2020
SALARY RANGE: $30,500 — $33,500
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
TINA BROWN, CHRCO
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214