EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: MHPC/ILC-Program Assistant
DESCRIPTION: Perform general office duties. Assist Directors in the presentation and enhanced quality of work each agency requires, including proper documentation, proper material presentation for designated
programs. Work with Directors to complete all reporting requirements correctly and on time.
- Complete all Directors’ documentation assignments within designated time periods.
- Gather and produce departments’ CEO reports by the second business day of each month and forward the completed report to Directors.
- Track department reporting including WRAP/QOL, evaluation cards, deinstitutionalization, and employment forms.
- Compile staff performance information such as consumer engagement records at the request of the Directors.
- Coordinate the ancillary needs of the MHPC Council.
- Maintain the MHPC Council Records. Assure accurate and appropriate documentation is provided in a timely manner. Take and finalize MHPC Council minutes. Coordinate mailings to the MHPC Council and its sub-committees on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Assist the Directors in maintaining accurate Outlook calendars.
- Monitor MHPC/ ILC staff schedules for safety, scheduling, and reporting purposes.
- Maintain and monitor the supply inventory for the departments.
- Provide assistance to the program staff at the direction of the Directors.
- Assist staff with copying and proof-reading material that is being distributed outside the agency.
- Compile information packets for consumers when requested.
- Distribute departments’ mail.
- Answer incoming departmental phone calls and direct to appropriate staff.
- Back-up WNYIL receptionist duties when requested and/or scheduled. This includes fielding all outside calls, welcoming guests, and processing and posting WNYIL mail.
- Perform Notary Public services for WNYIL and consumers.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Mental Health Peer Connection Director.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree in Human Services, Education, English, or related field plus one (1) year of general office work experience, or a High School Diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years’ experience in general office work. Must be able to type thirty-five (35) words per minute. Must be proficient in Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Excel. Verifiable supervised volunteer experience or training in a vocational program will be considered on a pro-rated basis. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
SALARY: $31,000 - $33,000
CLOSING DATE: July 7, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214