TITLE: MHPC Engagement and Community Outreach Peer - Renewal Center (Part-Time)
DESCRIPTION: Educate and provide outreach to Mental Health Community Stakeholders in Erie County on the benefits of using and referring people to the Renewal Center for hospital diversion. Support guests of the Renewal Center with obtaining services they request following their Renewal Center visits.
- Conduct outreach to individuals with mental illnesses in the community to encourage, educate and inform them about the Renewal Center and its services.
- Seek out community agencies and partners serving individuals with serious mental illnesses to encourage, educate and inform them about the benefits of collaborating with, and referring individuals to, the Renewal Center.
- Attend Erie County Mental Health and Crisis Services programs, stakeholder meetings, and outreach events to promote Renewal Center’s hospital diversion services.
- Respond within 72-hours to recent guests of the Renewal Center; assisting them in obtaining needed supports to prevent future crisis situations.
- Document all consumer activity with two (2) business days of the provision of services within WNYIL’s electronic consumer record.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation needed for outreach activity within monthly CEO report and other departmental reports.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Work under direct supervision of the Mental Health Peer Connection Director.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, or a related human services field, with one (1) year working with, or having volunteer experience with, serving individuals with serious mental illnesses;
- Two (2) year degree in the above fields with two (2) years’working with, or having volunteer experience with, serving individuals with serious mental illnesses;
- A high school diploma/equivalency with four (4) years’ working with, or having volunteer experience with, serving individuals with serious mental illnesses.
- Professional and life-experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of, academic credentials.
- Must receive NYS Care Coordination Person-Centered Planning training within six (6) months of being hired.
- Must obtain NYS Peer Certification within six (6) months of being hired.
- Applicant must be a current or former consumer of mental health services.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for peoplewith disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $18,000 to $20,000
CLOSING DATE: January 21, 2021
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214