TITLE: ILC - Olmstead Housing Specialist (OHS)
DESCRIPTION: Assist individuals seeking eligibility for housing subsidy to transition from institutional setting to the community. Work as part of a coordinated Independent Living service team.
- Identify housing opportunities for individuals who are in need of housing in order to leave a nursing home, as well as for those who have unstable housing after leaving a nursing home.
- Assist eligible Olmstead Housing Subsidy (OHS) participants through all steps necessary for enrollment, including filling out housing applications, obtaining household goods and/or support for moving expenses, arranging unit inspections, etc.
- Work with applicant and/or his/her Transition Specialist, Service Coordinator (SC), Nursing Home Discharge Planner, Care Manager (CM), natural supports, or advocate in order to ensure that a support services plan is in place for program enrollment.
- Conduct follow-up after subsidy is initiated, including but not limited to, verifying occupancy of unit and continued eligibility for program.
- Work to identify landlords, public housing, and private housing in the region which may be suitable for individuals enrolled in the OHS program in the future.
- Maintain a list of available housing in the region, including degree of accessibility, location, proximity to services, and rental costs.
- Track and report on all activities using the NYAIL statewide project database.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s the Consumer Service Record (ECR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties deemed legally and ethically necessary by supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of Director of Independent Living Services
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's Degree; or a two (2) year degree related to human services with work experience related to same. Professional experience in housing, community organizing, Independent Living, long-term care, and disability rights strongly preferred. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of, academic credentials. Must have the ability to independently travel throughout Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $36,000 to $38,000
CLOSING DATE: October 21, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214