INTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Health Homes Care Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: To coordinate services with the Health Homes for the purpose of decreasing high risk medical and/or behavioral health costs for individuals being served in this Health Home.
- Provide services on a regular basis to individuals referred.
- Coordinate WNYIL, Inc. staff to meet established benchmarks in required amount of time, set by the Health Homes, for individuals being served.
- Maintain, encourage and identify, individuals being served by WNYIL, Inc. in a Health Home, need for attendance at medical appointments, including appointments upon discharge from a hospital.
- Ensure WNYIL, Inc. staff follow through on decreasing or eliminating barriers consumers may face in keeping appointments through coordination with WNYIL, Inc. direct service staff.
- Coordinate WNYIL, Inc. direct service staff to collaborate with the individuals' community and family supports in order to meet identified social needs.
- Coordinate with WNYIL, Inc. direct service staff to follow through with Quality Assessments and Improvements at each visit.
- Coordinate WNYIL, Inc. direct service staff to develop and implement Person Centered Plans that involve the individuals’ social supports with family and friends as well as other identified community supports.
- Enter all required data into all required program reporting databases (including but not limited to, Care Plans, referrals, progress notes, and assessments).
- Make contact with all individuals at least monthly.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility for assigned caseload monthly.
- Track Medicaid recertification dates and assist individuals with recertification, if necessary.
- Assist individuals with change of provider/vendor, if necessary.
- Finalize documents in all required program reporting databases.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Health Homes Administration.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Child & Family Studies, Community Mental Health, Counseling, Education, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Recreation, Recreation Therapy, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Sociology, or Speech and Hearing; OR NYS licensure and
current registration as a Registered Nurse; AND a Bachelor’s Degree; OR a Bachelor’s level education or higher in any field with five (5) years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnosis; OR a CASAC. Must have a Master’s Degree in one of the fields with one (1) year experience
OR a Bachelor’s Degree identified above with two (2) years of experience in the following: either providing direct services to persons diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse OR linking persons who have been diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental
disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse to a broad range of services essential to successfully living in a community setting. Must have intermediate skill level for Microsoft-Word and Excel. Netsmart /MAPP database experience preferred.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free Agency.
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, Chief of Human Resources/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.,
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214