EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Health Home Care Coordinator-ILGR
DESCRIPTION: Perform outreach and enrollment activities to assist consumers in the community understand the benefits of, and enroll in, a Health Home. Coordinate services to decrease high risk medical and/or behavioral health costs for individuals being served in Health Homes.
- Identify areas within the region where people with high medical risks are encouraged to seek health care, and conduct WNYIL, Inc. Outreach and Engagement.
- Determine Medicaid eligibility through ePaces for all individuals; if Medicaid eligible, provide services through Health Homes. If not Medicaid eligible, collaborate with MAAP/ABD and work together to certify/recertify, if individual desires.
- Coordinate WNYIL, Inc. staff to meet established benchmarks in required amount of time, set by the Health Homes, for individuals being served.
- Ensure WNYIL, Inc. staff follow-through on decreasing or eliminating barriers that individuals may face in keeping appointments through coordination with WNYIL, Inc. direct service staff.
- Coordinate WNYIL, Inc. direct service staff to collaborate with the individuals' community and family supports to meet identified social needs.
- Recruit individuals who qualify for Medicaid, and have two (2) or more chronic health conditions, serious mental illness, HIV/AIDS or significant risk factors that can be addressed with coordinated care (i.e. Homelessness).
- Facilitate and document face-to-face referrals from community providers.
- Contact potential Health Home enrollees via phone, letter, and face-to-face contact.
- Enter all required data into all required program reporting databases (including but not limited to, Care Plans, referrals, and assessments).
- Maintain acceptable billing levels per month to achieve salary.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Health Homes Administration.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Child & Family Studies, Community Mental Health, Counseling, Education, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Recreation, Recreation Therapy, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Sociology, or Speech and Hearing; OR NYS licensure and
current registration as a Registered Nurse; AND a Bachelor’s Degree; OR a Bachelor’s level education or higher in any field with five (5) years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnosis; OR a CASAC. Must have a Master’s Degree in one of the fields with one (1) year experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree identified above with two (2) years of experience in the following: either providing direct services to persons diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse OR linking persons who have been diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse to a broad range of services essential to successfully living in a community setting. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply. Must have intermediate skill level for Microsoft-Word and Excel. Netsmart /MAPP database experience preferred.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free Agency.
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Tina Brown, CHRCO, WNY Independent Living, Inc., 3108 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214