EXTERNAL JOB POSITNG
TITLE: Director of OAHIIO
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for strategic planning for OAHIIO in conjunction with OAHIIO Council, which includes but not limited to, developing and implementing policies and procedures, providing direction and supervision for staff, continued growth and development of OAHIIO, and to define the general and specific operations and services provided for Native Americans with Disabilities in Western New York.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Director of WNYIL, Inc. on the appointment and removal of identified programs and staff.
- Negotiate contracts with funding sources and make recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for the purchasing and acquisition of budgeted goods and services necessary for the operation of OAHIIO.
- Develop, negotiate and enter into cooperative arrangements and programs with other agencies.
- Make recommendations to OAHIIO Council on matters requiring Council action.
- Assist Executive Director in locating and securing grants and contracts for the operation and expansion of programs for OAHIIO.
- Advocate interests of OAHIIO in local communities, state, nation and Native American territories.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Master’s Degree in Health or Human Services; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services with two (2) years experience working with people with disabilities and one (1) year in supervision; or an Associate’s Degree in Human Services with four (4) years experience with people with disabilities, and two (2) years in supervision; or a High School Diploma with six (6) years experience working with people with disabilities and three (3) years of supervision.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
CLOSING DATE: August 13, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214