TITLE: Compliance Specialist – CDPAS Taking Control
DESCRIPTION: Perform duties within the Compliance Department to help ensure Agency compliance with program and regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct unscheduled visits to consumers’ homes to monitor quality of care, consumer satisfaction, and program compliance.
- Assist the CHRCO, Compliance Coordinator and other staff involved in Agency’s quality assurance activities.
- Assist with performing and documenting investigations involving CDPAS assistants and consumers, when requested.
- Conduct regularly scheduled reviews of voice-recordings to verify personal assistant compliance with call-in/out protocols and report discrepancies to the Compliance Coordinator/CHRCO.
- Work with the Compliance Coordinator on fraud, waste and abuse relative to the consumers’ and the assistants’ use of the call-in service.
- Monitor and follow-up on Personal Assistant overtime and +16 consecutive work hour issues with consumers and Personal Assistants.
- Function as a member of the internal audit team.
- Assist with data entry for Personal Assistants and consumers in appropriate databases as required.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL, Inc.’s ECR within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: The Compliance Specialist will work under the coordination of the Compliance Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Chief Human Resource Compliance Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess an Associate’s Degree in the field of Human Services; a High School Diploma or equivalency with three (3) years’ experience in the field of Human Services. Professional and
life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part, of academic credentials. The applicant should possess prior knowledge, or the ability to learn Medicaid regulations, as they relate to the CDPAS
program. Candidate must have reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and the ability to commute to sites in all the counties that the CDPAS program operates. This position is located in Buffalo, NY.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
SALARY RANGE: $33,000 - $38,000
CLOSING DATE: November 25, 2019
COVER LETTER AND RESUME REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214