EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Compliance Specialist
DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for assisting with duties within the Corporate Compliance Department with a focus on auditing and monitoring, investigations and reports.
- Assist the CHRCO and other staff involved in quality assurance activities.
- Assist with investigations of fraud, waste, and abuse as needed.
- Monitor RHIO Alerts for relevant program activity.
- Upload consumer lists to RHIO.
- Compile and distribute the weekly Utilization of Hours report for the Taking Control program. Monitor program follow up for consumers identified as risk areas based on report information.
- Perform monthly State and Federal Exclusion List searches on all employees and Personal Assistants.
- Assist with the coordination of the internal audit function.
- Perform follow up audits.
- Compile initial, follow up and final audit reports.
- Assist with the Annual Compliance Report for the Board of Directors.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s SPR Data base, as well as Consumer Service Record (CSR) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary and ethical by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Compliance Coordinator.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess an Associate’s Degree in the field of human services or High School Diploma/G.E.D. with three (3) years’ experience in the field of human services. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials. Experience with file audit/review preferred. Possess prior knowledge, or the ability to learn OMIG/OIG/HHS/CMS/DOH regulations. Candidate must have reliable transportation and automobile insurance, and the ability to commute to sites in all the counties WNYIL operates.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
CLOSING DATE: October 20, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214