TITLE: Community First Choice Counselor
PURPOSE: To prepare WNYIL to be able to administer Home and Community Based Services under the Community First Choice Option. To develop programs and services to advance WNYIL’s ability to serve as a broker of services for individuals/families eligible in the community.
- Identify the various programs, services and staffing that WNYIL currently provides.
- Develop processes, procedures, and practices to apply for vendor status with Managed Care Organizations.
- Develop program/service that WNYIL can offer as an administrator of HCBS, by establishing the requirements, responsibilities, and processes as to how the program/service is to be provided.
- Meet with Managed Care Organizations, along with WNYIL’s Chief Operations Officer, to arrange for the contracting of WNYIL with Community First Choice Option.
- Arrange for the delivery of some, or all, of the following HCBS services under the Community First Choice Option contract:
•Assistive Technology and Equipment
•Home Delivered/Congregate Meals
•Community Transitional Services
•Skill Acquisition Maintenance and Enhancement (SAME) Services
- Develop and maintain a list of contractors approved to conduct environmental modifications (e-mods) in the region.
- Develop and maintain a list of approved vendors for assistive technologies.
- Develop and maintain a list of approved vehicle modifications (v-mods)in the region.
- Develop contract templates that can be used to assist the consumer in negotiating and contracting with their approved vendor(s) of choice.
- Assist the consumer in securing three (3) bids for any/all projects of which the consumer is seeking HCBS funding.
- Supervise the activities and performance of all subcontracted HCBS Providers under the Community First Choice Option.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Chief Operations Officer.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Operations Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must, at all times, perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Human Services with at least five (5) years’ experience, in a leadership role in a progressive organization that provides a variety of programs and services working toward the improvement of the quality of life for people with disabilities. Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities. Selected candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills, and proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office. A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $42,500 to $45,000
CLOSING DATE: October 5, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214