External Job Posting
TITLE: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor-Part time (ILGR)
DESCRIPTION: Coordinate vocational skills, evaluations, and training for persons with disabilities. Assist with an individual's disability and maximize community participation.
- Provide general information and referral to the public and consumers on topics relating to adaptive technology assistance.
- Meet people with disabilities to provide vocational counseling individually.
- Organize and facilitate a “Job Club”.
- Assist in identifying programs that support and educate in vocational activities.
- Review case records of Care Coordinators or Independent Living Specialists and provide guidance.
- Coordinator case conferencing reviews for WNYIL staff.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in the SPR database, as well as the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Independent Living of the Genesee Region (ILGR).
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification plus a Master’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation. Working knowledge of computers including databases, work processing, and networks.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free Organization.)
CLOSING DATE: April 24, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, HR Director/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214