EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Benefits Administrator
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the day-to-day operations of WNYIL’s group benefits programs (i.e. group health, dental, vision, short-term disability, Worker's Compensation, life insurance, illness/injury/accident
plans, and 403(b) plan). Administrate the day-to-day leave staff benefits of sick, vacation, personal, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Paid Family Leave (PFL) and any other applicable leave benefits.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, including enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA, group health insurance coverages, disability.
- Maintain group benefits database and employee payroll records.
- Complete and process claims for disability coverage.
- Review on a monthly basis the Agency Disability Claims report.
- Complete and process claims for NYS PFL benefits, including tracking eligibility and usage.
- Complete and process claims for FMLA, including tracking eligibility and usage.
- Review employee requests for Reasonable Accommodations to ensure completeness for approval by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Assist the Management Team with questions regarding Agency leave accruals.
- Review monthly billings for accuracy for all group plans.
- Track and process health insurance benefits for all Personal Assistants in accordance with Agency policy and Affordable Care Act (ACA) rules and regulations, including coordinating the required annual reporting process.
- Maintain Agency personnel medical files.
- Assist the HR Coordinator with processing Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Assist the HR Coordinator with processing unemployment claims, including reviewing on a monthly basis the Agency Experience Rating report, and all communication and correspondence between the NYSDOL and WNYIL, Inc.
- Provide benefit support to internal and external employees.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Coordinator.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's degree and three to five (3-5) years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full, or part of academic credentials. Must demonstrate computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PPT, HRIS and benefits databases. Must possess project and team management leadership skills and experience. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both
adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply. Excellent communication and organization skills.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, Director of CHRO/CCO,
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214