JOB TITLE: Assistant Director
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of Niagara County (ILNC)
LOCATION: Niagara Falls, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, ILNC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Assist in facilitating the operations of ILNC and to assure smooth and seamless delivery of program services.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in assuring that the Direct Service Programs of ILNC work collaboratively with the other WNYIL agency to maximize consumer satisfaction.
- Assist in the hiring of appropriate staff to meet the needs of their specific program descriptions.
- Provide direct supervision to the Direct Service Team at ILNC.
- Adhere to contract requirements as dictated by funding source.
- Supervise appropriate ILNC staff and implement WNYIL policies and procedures.
- Respond effectively to participants' complaints or grievances, using problem solving techniques to resolve issues toward ILNC Direct Service staff. Direct unresolved grievances to ILNC Director.
- Work as a team with ILNC Director and ILNC Office Administrator to assess and evaluate status of the agency.
- Improve and stay informed on the most effective best practices in serving consumer served by ILNC programs.
- Manage, implement, and direct daily activities related to intake and assigning new people to staff in a timely manner.
- Assure accurate documentation of consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL's Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) database, as well as any additional program specific databases and assure that this task is done within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High School Diploma or equivalent
Associate Degree in a Human Service field
Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Service field Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of, academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Must possess two (2) years’ experience in providing supervisory functions in a peer run agency.
- Possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities.
High school diploma, or equivalent, requires eight (8) years of work experience with all disabilities. Associate Degree requires six (6) years of work experience with all disabilities. Bachelor’s Degree requires four (4) years of work experience with all disabilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have reliable transportation and automobile insurance in order to travel independently throughout Western NY and occasional in and out of state travel.
- Ability to work independently at all WNYIL locations and within the community.
- Understanding or ability to learn resources in the delivery systems for populations with disabilities and how to connect consumers to more intensive services.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of computers including the use of excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential.
- Preference is given to Niagara County residents.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office/ Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $48,750 - $50,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: October 12, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214