JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Niagara Frontier Radio Reading Service (NFRRS)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Executive Director, NFRRS
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Performs administrative and clerical duties on behalf of the Executive Director and NFRRS including, but not limited to, general communication and correspondence, supports fundraising, marketing, operations, outreach and programming activities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with NFRRS communications with volunteers, listeners, staff and other stakeholders via making/answering phone calls, creating/responding to emails and interfacing with stakeholders and the public on-site and at activities/events.
- Ensure that donation, gift acknowledgements and other donor communications are sent in a timely manner.
- Maintain development records and donor database, in addition to, volunteer and listener database via Salesforce.
- Provide for and support social media postings and website updates as directed.
- Assist in publishing and distributing newsletters, program schedules, annual reports, customer service surveys and other print or electronic communication.
- Support the filing of NFRRS grant applications and subsequent grants follow-up and stewardship.
- Support the Program Manager in the coordination of both on-site and off-site volunteer recording of reading materials as needed.
- Support the Program Manager in monitoring and renewing subscriptions for various newspapers, magazines and other publications.
- Maintain inventory of radio receivers, smart speakers and other audio devices and track their distribution, recovery and maintenance.
- Deliver revenue deposits to bank as needed.
- Provide hands-on support for planning and execution of special events and outreach activities, including collecting and organizing registrations for special events and other outreach activities.
- Assist Executive Director in drafting monthly CEO and Board reports.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings at the direction of the Executive Director, including compilation of agenda items and taking minutes when needed.
- Review and/or complete forms and materials requiring Executive Director’s approval, including the filing of expense forms, mileage logs and any other paperwork as necessary, while ensuring all requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain inventory of office and other supplies, ordering replenishment when needed.
- Maintain detailed and organized files while upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
- Perform primary or back-up administrative coverage (door, phone, incoming/outgoing mail) for 1199 Harlem when necessary.
- Post and take outgoing mail to either the Agency mailbox or post-office as needed.
- Support the coordination of operations and maintenance for 1199 Harlem Road.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) certification is required and must be obtained within the first year of employment.
High school diploma or equivalency
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
Two (2) years’ experience in general office work.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to type forty (40) words per minute.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of computers, including the use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office/ Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 22.5 hours per week.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, salary, non-exempt, Support staff.
BENEFITS: Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: August 4, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214